Video – Create and Share

Fall Trees and Leaves

One of the most fascinating images that I had in my head I wished to see when I landed in America was the fall tree season. Although I landed on American soil in 2005 in a cold month of February I was already pondering about taking pictures of the Fall trees that my friends who lived here spoke about and I was excited to witness. I had only seen the Fall tree’s color in the movies and pictures, but I wanted to experience it myself. It was not until October of that same year that I could finally experience the beauty of the colorful trees and leaves scattered on the grounds of our seminary in Stamford, CT.

The first pictures I took were not quite good but over the years I was able to get some good shots that I am sharing in the video above. Each year, for the length of 4 years in Stamford I collected all the shots I made so that I could send some of them back home for others to see. Throughout my 8 years in the seminary (4 in Stamford and 4 in Washington DC) I was able to take more than 1000 shots of trees and landscapes. People loved to see these photos when I used to share them with my family and friends. They always questioned me “why don’t we have this in Brazil? Some pictures I took as I walked through the cities, some I took while we were on trips but all of them are part of me while in America. However, I must admit that raking the leaves when I was a seminarian was not fun, but we had fun when the pile of leaves was big enough so that we could dive into it for a few minutes. Those good old days!

Most of the pictures date back to 2005 and I am sad to say that some of the trees were cut out, and some got old and no longer offer the beauty of those colorful leaves they used to. I must confess that I have some other albums, named: Winters in America, Summers in America, Springs in America, and of course Falls in America. I have to admit that every time I have the chance to add photos to these albums I am adding them. The Fall Trees and Leaves album is the one I treasured the most because we do not have such a beautiful show of mother nature in Brazil as we have here in the U.S.A. I am honored to share some of my photos in this video for others to see and enjoy the beauty of what mother nature has to offer.